Because the Kardashians or US politics aren’t going to get you paid.
You’ve worked so hard to get to the point that you’re at. We live in a world where individuals would rather watch hours of TMZ than put in the necessary work to be “on TMZ”. You’ll find yourself comparing yourself to your peers quite often. Don’t do that, it gives you a false sense of accomplishment. You have to be relentlessly productive to get shit done and reach your full potential.
We all want to be productive. Productivity in the workplace is paramount. Think of why you try to get at least eight hours of sleep or have a coffee in the morning.
Let’s break down productivity:
- The dictionary defines productivity as a level of output given a level of input, but let’s define it as the level at which you are working towards a goal.
- We’re all working towards something and productivity speeds up the process. To truly be productive we have to maximize focus and block out the distractions.
Here are a few traps to look out for:
1. What you expose yourself to and read has a greater influence than you realize. What happens if you read or watch videos that state the sky is green for an extended period of time? Not only will you begin to believe that the sky is green but it also DOESN’T MATTER.
Don’t get caught up in the bullshit.
2. The average person spends approximately two hours on social media every day. If you work 8-9 hours each day, you literally have 4-5 hours of free time until you have to call it a night and go to bed. Time is money… Can you really afford to waste it reading about the lives of celebrities or status updates from people you don’t even like? NO.
Spend your time wisely.
3. Inaction. You miss 100% of the shots that you don’t take. Think of how many good ideas or chances you have had where you’ve failed to capitalize and seize the opportunity. If you have an ounce of potential you’re doing the world a disservice by not making it happen. JUST DO IT.
We’re living in the easiest time to make things happen. The Internet has not only connected us by the click of a mouse across the globe, but it is also allowed us to learn a variety of topics fairly quickly (No University Courses Required).
Go online and research a topic until you can intelligently speak about it or consider yourself an expert. If you have a question on a specific topic, you can Google it. There are literally no excuses.
It’s Time to Win Big!